Ways to donate
Donate Online safely and securely.
Your gift to The Whitechapel Mission goes to work right away - providing meals, showers, shelter, medical care, lifeskills classes and mentoring for poor and homeless men and women in London.
100% Donation Policy
Every single pound that the Whitechapel Mission receives is fully allocated to direct expense. Not a single penny is removed for other purposes.
Donate Gifts in Kind
The Whitechapel Mission accepts various types of donations. All donations may be dropped off at The Whitechapel Mission. Donations accepted weekdays from 6am to 3pm.
and weekends from 6am until noon.
In Memory Giving
Memory Giving lets you make an on-line donation in memory of a loved one. Please search to find the fund page and make your donation.
Donate by BACS or Direct
Our Bank Details:
Bank Name: Barclays Bank Plc
Account Name: Whitechapel Mission
Account Number: 80967807
Sort Code: 20-57-06
Make a donation using your credit or debit card, PayPal, your CAF Charity Account or CAF Charitable Trust.
Enter the charity name (Whitechapel Mission) or charity number (227905)
Regular Giving - Hope Partners
Hope Partners are special friends who give monthly to The Whitechapel Mission. These gifts are important and help us provide over 300,000 meals, support our advice and counselling.
Text HOMELESS to 70144 to donate £3
Text costs £3 plus network charge.
Text FEED to 70144 to donate £5
Text costs £5 plus network charge.
If you would like to donate an alternative amount,
Text FEED £X, where X is the amount.
eg. FEED £10
The Whitechapel Mission receives 100% of your donation. Obtain bill payer's permission. Customer care 03000 111 400. Charity No: 227905
Please support Whitechapel Mission on #easyfundraising, you can raise FREE donations when you shop online with over 5,100 retailers. John Lewis & Partners, Argos, notonthehighstreet and many more are ready to give us FREE donations. It's simple and only takes 2 minutes to sign up! Right now, every donation makes a difference!
Donate Food, Clothing or Toiletries
When you donate goods, food or clothing to The Whitechapel Mission, you impact the lives of the poor and homeless in London. This year, our donors and volunteers helped The Whitechapel Mission provide more than 346,536 meals, 34,000 bags of groceries, and 278,541 articles of clothing to men and women in desperate need of help. We rely on donated food and clothing to meet these important needs.
We do not operate charity shops! Anything donated to the Whitechapel Mission will be given directly to people in need.
We gratefully accept donations seven days a week at 212 Whitechapel Road, London E1 1BJ
It is always helpful to call ahead. We do not typically pick up donations, but if you are having difficulty delivering your donation, please call us on 03000 111 400 to inquire about a pick-up or book a collection on-line (below).
We can accept donations:
Weekdays: 5:30am until 4pm
Weekends: 5:30am until noon
Some basic guidelines:
- Food - Non-perishable, bulk, and staple items (dry and canned) are best, packaging must be intact.
- Food - We are usually able to accept even prepared foods, as long as it is fresh with the packaging intact. Cooked and prepared food can only be accepted if the preparation, cooking, storage and transportation meets with Food Standard Authority conditions.
- Natasha's Law - On 1st October 2021, the UK Food Information Amendment also known as Natasha’s Law will come into effect in England, Scotland and Northern Ireland to help better safeguard food allergy sufferers. This means, if you wish to donate pre-packaged food or drink, then we will need you to include a full ingredient declaration on pack with allergens highlighted in bold. We will not be able to accept pre-packaged foods and drinks that do not have a full ingredient declaration.
- Clothing - Clean, new and gently used clothing of all types is helpful. Large sizes are especially helpful. We are always in need of new underwear/t-shirts and socks, new and gently used jeans and shoes, and professional clothing for those looking for work or re-entering the workforce. In the winter, we are especially in need of warm outerwear: coats, jackets, hats, gloves, and scarves.
- Toiletries - new razors, toothbrushes, soap, toothpaste, deodorant, hand cream, shampoo. Many of our guests will come though our doors each morning looking to have a wash, clean their teeth and a shave. More than 75 people a day will want to have a shower and choose clean clothing.
- Linens - We are always in need of bath towels, hand towels, face cloths, twin-size sheets and blankets, and sleeping bags. We are not able to use Duvets and Pillows
- Furniture - We cannot accept furniture, as we simply do not have the storage space.
If you are considering a food or clothing drive at your congregation, organization, workplace or school, please let us know. We will work with you to launch a successful drive.Our current needs
Where is our driver
The Whitechapel Mission has vehicles used to collect food and clothing needed for our work. This page has been created in the hope of keeping everybody informed as to where the vehicles are at any time. If you have gifts for the Mission, but are having difficulty getting them to us, then hopefully this page may let you know when a vehicle will be in your area.
We ask you to bear in mind that our vehicles are very costly to run and therefore it is not possible for us to collect small donations.
Colour code on diary explained:
Current at: 22nd January 2022.
Arrange a collection
Requesting crate delivery
Select this when you want some crates delivered
Requesting a collection
Select this when you want the Mission to send a driver over to collect gifts
Current collections requested
We acknoweldge these requests for collections
We are currently living with new covid restrictions and hope to arrange these collections as soon as it is possible and safe.
Copyright 2021. All Rights Reserved - Site designed and maintained by Whitechapel Mission staff