There is no charge for volunteering at the Whitechapel Mission. We wish to encourage volunteering as a concept and especially volunteering at the Whitechapel Mission. This means that our volunteering programme is very popular and we must always leave room for our long-term supporters. Priority over our diary will always go to our Priority Partners.
- Why are some names in red?
These organizations are members of our 5000Club and recognized as Priority Partners
- Why can't we book a Breakfast Challenge more than 6 months in advance?
We have to give 5000Club organizations (our priority partners) first chance at the diary and only those organizations can book that far a head
- Are we limited to how many dates we can book each month?
Due to the popularity of our Breakfast Challenge, we can usually only offer one date in a given month. It is possible to book more of the other challenges
- Why are some dates reporting "*Provisionally booked" in Grey
These dates have been requested by a group but not yet confirmed by staff at the Mission. We will always attempt to confirm at least 2 months in advance.
- Can we still request dates reporting "*Provisionally booked" in Grey
This is possible, but you are only likely to get the date, if the first request is not confirmed or they pull out
- We would like to request a number of dates over the next 12 months. Is this possible?
This is usually reserved for 5000Club members only
- We have requested a date, but not been contacted yet?
This usually happens when you book a long way in advance and we are not able to confirm yet. We will be in touch
- We have requested a date, but now need to cancel?
Of course, there may always be very good reasons which may force you to cancel, but we do need a high level of commitment once the date has been agreed by both parties. Cancelling with months of notice isn't a problem at all.
Failing to show or canceling at short notice is likely to result in us not being able to accept another request to volunteer.
Copyright 2020. All Rights Reserved - Site designed and maintained by Whitechapel Mission staff