London Overground Impact
Since February 2019, we have been supported by London Overground in the hope of making a difference for those individuals asking commuters for money on the trails and stations.
Some commuters have chosen to donate money to the charity, some chose to donate food, clothing, and their time. And a huge number of people chose to advise individuals asking for money to visit the centre just outside the Whitechapel Station.
- 7% increase in people visiting the centre in Whitechapel. An additional 21 people a day.
- 20% increase in people asking for advice and counseling.
- 18% increase is requests for referrals to drug and alcohol programs.
- 15% increase in people found a bed for the night.
- 50% increase individual requests to volunteer. We would need 700 days in a year, to be able to say yes to everybody.
- 30% increase in requests from companies to get involved in our work.
- 60% increase in gifts-in-kind. Enough winter clothing donated to ensure everybody can regularly change their clothing.
- An increase in financial donations. Enough to employ another member of the staff in the daycentre, and ensure everybody can access free food and free services.
- 200% increase in people looking for food.
- 150% increase in people looking for advice and counseling.
- 27% increase is requests for referrals to drug and alcohol programs.
- 21% increase in people found a bed for the night.
We wish to offer our sincere thanks to London Overground and their passengers for a very generous response. We also wish to thank London Overground staff for the multiple volunteering days donated, serving meals and sorting clothing.
Copyright 2020. All Rights Reserved - Site designed and maintained by Whitechapel Mission staff